I’ve seen other bloggers share lists like this and I have always thought it was a fun and interesting way to get to know a person a little better. I purposefully tried not to choose anything super obvious such as, “ Likes: Spending time with my husband.” Or, “Dislikes: Sunburns.”
Thanks in advance for reading!
P.S. Of course, when you see the mention of the alcohol and coffee “Likes,” these are indulgences I’ll look forward to having again when I’m not pregnant!
Here we go…
1. Street fairs and farmers markets.
2. Good dark chocolate with almonds.
3. Good coffee, black, or with almond milk.
4. Cracking up photos. Here are a few of my favorites:
5. Sparkling wine – not too sweet, not too dry.
6. Music that changes emotions.
7. Pumpkin and butternut squash everything.
8. “Gone with the Wind,” “Muppet’s Christmas Carol” and most superhero movies.
9. Animals of all shapes, sizes and skin types!
1. Things that are mysteriously wet.
Allow me to explain: This “dislike” all started for me when I was 19 years old and working as a customer service agent for Hawaiian Airlines in LAX. Which means I was one of those airline employees who worked at both the check-in counters and the gates in the airport. Sometimes my duty was to collect boarding passes as passengers boarded the plane, and I couldn’t believe how many people walked up to the gate and handed me soaking wet boarding passes, with no explanation or apology! My imagination would then run wild and I was thoroughly and officially grossed out. That’s why “things that are mysteriously wet” made the #1 spot on this list.
2. Cookbooks without photos, or, cookbooks with black and white food photos.
3. Typos; especially in magazine articles or published books, (but I think we can all agree that hilarious auto correct incidents via text message are a whole different thing!)
4. Old sponges. You know, the type that leave your hand smelling like mildew for hours after usage. Eww.
6. Liquid animal products spilled or leaked inside a hot car. For example: milk, yogurt or that red juice swimming in meat packages. If any of these liquids spill or leak in your car, especially in the summer time, consider getting a new car.
7. Unexpected past due expiration dates.
8. Good-byes… unless it’s a wart. Or an old sponge.
Are you with me on any of these?! Please share by leaving a comment below!