I think it’s fair to say that I am officially one of soup’s biggest fans. Soup is warm, soup is comforting, soup is satisfying, and soup is always there when I need it… Especially since it’s usually so easy and quick to make!
This recipe for Chunky Cabbage and Carrot Soup is one that I make often because it makes a BIG batch. But most importantly, it is absolutely deliciously crave-worthy! I’m craving it right now, in fact… those sweet carrots, chunky bites of savory cabbage and the tang from the tomatoes all make for a bowl of meal-time wonderfulness! Jeff and I truly can’t get enough of it.
Here’s the recipe!
1. In a large stock pot, heat the oil over medium-high heat for about 30 seconds. Then, add the chopped onion and carrots and sauté until the onions are translucent; about 5 minutes.
2. Next, stir in the cabbage, canned diced tomato, water, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
3. Bring this mixture to a boil, then, reduce the heat to low and simmer uncovered for 25 minutes.
4. Stir in the chopped fresh parsley when there are 15 minutes remaining.
If you so desire, treat yourself to a bowl as soon as it’s done!
Ladle the remaining soup into large mason jars…. (or Tupperware!)
And then place that leftover soup in the fridge for next time! This soup will taste even better the next day…. and the day after and the day after.
I hope you LOVE this soup as much as we do!
Chunky Cabbage and Carrot Soup
Makes about 7 Bowls
- 1 Tb. Olive Oil or Canola Oil (preferably organic canola oil to avoid GMO’s)
- 2 cups Baby Carrots, sliced into 1/4 inch thick coins
- 1 medium Yellow Onion, chopped
- 5 cups (about 1/3 of a head) roughly chopped Green Cabbage
- 1 (15 oz.) can No Salt Added Diced Tomatoes, juices and all
- 1 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 5 cups Water
- 1 1/2 tsp. Powdered or Granulated Garlic
- 1/8 tsp. Ground Black Pepper
- 1/4 cup (packed) Parsley, chopped