Fellow pancake lovers, come one and come all!
These pancakes are truly comfort food… they are soft and hearty and loaded with delicious little chocolate chips. But believe it or not, they are created with ingredients you can feel good about! In fact, sometimes I’ll just hand one to my boys to eat as a snack with nothing on it.
And even though I’ve eaten my body’s weight in pancakes this week while perfecting this recipe, I still drool every time I look at these photos. Just look at all of those chocolate chips…. mmmm…..
But let’s address the elephant in the room, shall we? I imagine the first question a fellow pancake-loving soul (such as yourself) would ask after seeing the name of this recipe would be:
“Audrey, what in the world are blender pancakes??”
Which would lead me to respond with:
“Why, that’s a very good question! They are pancakes whose batter was blended in a blender rather than mixed in a bowl. This is done so that chunky ingredients can easily be added to the mix. In this case, that chunky ingredient happens to be…. (drum roll)… frozen cauliflower!”
Now, don’t click away – you gotta trust me on this! You can’t even taste the cauliflower.
Believe it or not, the cauliflower adds heartiness to the pancakes. Plus, we ALL could use more fiber, vitamins and minerals, right? So why not sneak them into a dish that feels like an absolute treat!
The added bonus? This recipe is extremely simple. Let me show you:
- First, heat a frying pan over medium heat – or – a griddle to 350 degrees. Lightly spray your pan or griddle with oil.
- Then, add all ingredients EXCEPT the chocolate chips to a blender in the order they are listed.
- Blend until smooth.
- Remove the blender from the base and stir in the chocolate chips with a spoon.
- Drop large spoonfuls of batter onto your heated pan or griddle to create 3 – 4 inch pancakes.
- Once the edges start to turn a light tan color, give those cakes a flip and allow to cook another couple minutes on the other side.
- Serve immediately with extra chocolate chips and a drizzle of maple syrup! YUM!
If you decide to give these pancakes a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below. I hope you love them as much as we do!
Vegan Chocolate Chip Whole Grain Blender Pancakes
Makes about 12 four-inch pancakes
- 1 1/4 cups Water
- 2 Tb. Ground Flaxseeds
- 2 Tb. Maple Syrup
- 1 cup Frozen Cauliflower
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup Whole Wheat Flour (or your favorite gluten-free alternative!)
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1/3 cup + 1 Tb. Mini Chocolate Chips, plus more for garnishing