Matcha green tea is likely to be the healthiest beverage on the planet, (aside from good ol’ water, that is!) Here are some of the reasons why:
- This minimally processed powdered version of green tea is extremely high in nutrients. So much so, that it is said to offer FIVE TIMES the disease-fighting antioxidants than any other tea!
- It is a no-jitter version of caffeine that creates “a calm sense of heightened alertness and presence of mind.” For these reasons, Japanese Zen Buddhist Monks drink matcha green tea before meditating.
- Studies show that matcha green tea may boost your metabolism, thus enhancing weight loss. (Especially when consumed before exercising!)
However, after posting my YouTube video about this super healthy drink, I had a handful of people tell me that they just aren’t a fan of how green tea tastes. After hearing this a few times, it was clear that a delicious tasting yet healthy matcha beverage was needed. So, this Mint Matcha Latte was created!
The bonus: this recipe includes fresh spinach, which not only makes the drink a nice bright green color, but it also adds even MORE nutrients (plus fiber!) to the mix, and you won’t even taste it!
This is how you make it:
- In a blender, add warmed almond milk, matcha green tea, mint, sweetener of choice, and spinach.
- Blend until liquified.
If you decide to give this Mint Matcha Latte a try, please let me know what you think in the comments below!
Mint Matcha Latte
Makes 1 serving
- 12 oz. Unsweetened Almond Milk, warmed in a sauce pan on the stove or in a microwave
- 1 tsp. Matcha Green Tea (organic, if possible)
- 18-20 Fresh Mint Leaves or 1-2 drops of Mint Extract/Flavoring (a little goes a long way!)*
- 1 – 2 Dates (pitted) or 1 packet of Monk Fruit
- Handful of fresh Spinach
*Fresh mint leaves will offer a subtle mint flavor, whereas the mint flavoring will add a bit more of a minty punch.