All right pasta lovers, I’m about to share my new pasta obsession with you: 5-Ingredient Chickpea Pesto Pasta! This dish has become my new FAVORITE meal to make for the following reasons. It is:
- Comfort-Food-Status Delicious
- Super Easy and Fast to Make
- It Contains Loads of Antioxidants, Fiber and Protein
And, it only requires 5 ingredients!
In fact, yesterday I made this meal for everyone for the third time in a week and half, and after my mom took her last bite, she gave me a huge compliment by saying, “I think this is one of my all-time favorite recipes of yours!”
My toddler boys are big fans of this dish, too…
This is how you make it:
1. Prepare the chickpea spaghetti (or other whole grain or bean pasta) according to the package directions. Tip: for extra flavor, add a good teaspoon or so of salt to the water!
2. Once the pasta is done, drain and rinse it immediately. Then, return it to the pot.
3. Add the pesto, chickpeas and tomatoes to the pot and give it a good toss using tongs or a metal spoon.
FYI – If the tomatoes or any of your other ingredients were cold (from being kept in the fridge) before being added to the pot, you may want to now reheat the pasta over a medium heat for a couple of minutes before serving.
4. Place your pasta in your serving vessel of choice and top it with chopped walnuts, a sprinkle of salt, and optional fresh basil.
And that’s all there is to it! I hope you love this recipe as much as we all do.
5-Ingredient Chickpea Pesto Pasta
Makes 4 Servings
- One 8 oz. package of Chickpea Spaghetti, (which you can buy HERE )
- 8 Tb. Vegan Pesto*
- 1 1/3 cup Canned Chickpeas (aka Garbanzo beans), drained and rinsed
- 2 cups Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, sliced in half
- 2 Tb. Walnuts, chopped
- Optional: Handful of Fresh Basil, thinly sliced (chiffonade)
* I like Trader Joe’s Vegan Kale, Cashew and Basil Pesto found in the fridge section of the store. It has less fat per serving compared to other pestos, probably due to it’s high kale content.